Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Creativity and New Media



For this assignment I created an avatar from second life. I noticed that I spent a lot of time deciding how I wanted my avatar to look like because there were so many avatars to choose from. Even naming my avatar was very difficult. Although I couldn't find an avatar that looked like me, I chose one that was well dress and more appealing than the others. In this game you're basically in a world where you get to decide what you want to do and where you want to go. You can even build your own home and add in whatever you want. This game basically allows you to use your imagination to design everything you might have wanted in real life but could not get. The virtual world tries to imitate real life with the exception that you're more in control of the outcomes and that there are endless things you can do. I can see why people enjoy games like these. It definitely fosters creativity,

1 comment:

  1. I could not try Second life yet, but this is a great avatar!!

    ReplyDelete